For 2020, the electronics world is trying heart and soul to make your everyday work easier. Although we don’t see new inventions, electronics are getting better every day. If you ask for the best electric brad nailer today, that means you’re willing to embrace the technological advance with love.
Brad nailers are the substitutes of the hammer. Now, no longer you have to pound on the nails. The best electric brad nailer will do the job for you. The best thing about these nail guns is they are becoming better by the minute. Now you can get yourself an air compressor portable nail gun which can also be a cordless finish nailer.
All these features have a setback too. We can’t always rely on the nail gun we see here and there. You have to take time and judge before you spend your money. You have to select the best power tool brand before buying anything.
That’s a lot of work. But don’t worry, we have shortlisted some for your ease.
A Comparison of our Favorite Picks:
Product Name & Features
Top 10 Best Electric Nail Guns For 2020
1. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX – Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
The first porter cable nail gun of the list is the Cordless brad nailer from porter cable. The machine looks like something taken out from a science fiction movie. It looks like a very advanced gun from the future. The design is done that way on purpose to make the user feel elite.
13.9 x 5 x 12 inches is the measurement of the cordless brad nailer. It’s a 20V device that runs really smooth. It weighs about 5.9 pounds. This means it’s really handy to use and very comfortable for nailing the walls and the frames. The device runs on a lithium-ion battery.
- Battery Powered: Battery-powered nail guns are not that powerful usually. But this one is really powerful. It can penetrate really deep. So, to increase the power you don’t need any extra compressor like you need for other nailers to increase power.
- Great Usability: The build is so great, to make small adjustments to the device you don’t need any tools. Like there’s a lever to release, tool-less jam release, and a depth adjustment wheel.
- Warranty: The device comes with a 3 years warranty. If any problems occur within 3 years, porter cable will repair the device for you for free.
- Very powerful
- release lever included
- The jammed nail can be released without tools
- Depth adjustment wheel
- 3 years repairing warranty
- The device is a bit large
2. Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt-Cordless Roofing Nailer
Gas-powered nail guns are some of the best power tools that you can buy for yourself. But gas-powered nail guns are expensive. You can’t always buy them for home-usage. There’s one machine that has the same power of a gas-powered nail gun and is as flexible as a cordless roofing nailer. That’s the Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 volt.
It’s a battery nail gun that works on one lithium-ion battery. It weighs about 6 pounds. The dimension if the Airstrike is 10 x 3 x 7 inches. So, it’s smaller and lighter than the previous one. The body is made of plastic. The battery is non-removable.
- Powerful: As I mentioned earlier gas-powered brad nailers are more powerful than a battery operated nail gun. But exceeding every expectation the Ryobi P320 is as powerful as a gas-powered nail gun but lighter than them. It can penetrate as deep as 50 mm.
- Usability: A nail gun that has more power and speed is usually very handy. You can work really fast with it. Also, nail guns have a specific weight class. This one is among the lighter ones. So, you can easily handle this one, thus the usability increases.
- Energy-efficient: After charging once, you can fire up to 700 nails, each going as deep as 50 mm. You can easily set the depth with the adjusting dial. No more worrying about fiddling with extra tools.
- Very powerful
- Depth adjustments
- Energy efficient
- Very easy to use
- Non-removable battery
3. DEWALT DC618K XRP – 16 Gauge Nail Gun
This is the first heavy-duty nail gun in the list. This is the best electric nail gun for fencing, you can nail your fences with this one. It’s a 16 gauge nail gun. You can use it as your framing nail gun. For heavy duties, this is one gun that you can rely on.
It weighs about 8.5 pounds. It’s quite heavy and feels really a handful. The measurement of this roofing nail gun is 12.8 x 4.2 x 12 inches. It is battery powered and contains one lithium-ion battery in the packaging. It comes with a 3 years limited warranty and 90 days money-back guarantee.
- Power and Usability: The engine design of the DC618k lets you have equal comfortability while penetrating both hard and soft surfaces. It has a 20-degree angle magazine that can hold up to 120 nails. Nail jamming is now not a problem. You can now easily remove jammed nail without any tools.
- Convenience and Comfort: There are two different modes for you to choose the outcome. You can select the sequential operating mode to ensure precision and bump operating mode for speed. So, it’s comfortable to use in different scenarios.
- More Battery Life: It runs with Ni-Cad batteries. The Ni-Cad batteries are designed and made for one purpose. That is to extend battery life. Ni-cad batteries extend battery life for 40%. Thus you can get more productivity from one-time charging.
- Big capacity magazine
- Two operating modes.
- Comfortable to use
- Jammed nail removing is easy
- Runs on Ni-cad batteries.
- 3 years of warranty
- Needs a specific amount of strength to hold this at hand as it is quite heavy.
4. Freeman PFBC940 – Mini Flooring Nailer
The dedicated floor nailing gun for you to buy. The name adds a mini to it, proving it’s actually small and handy in size. It’s not only a floor nailer, but it also the best electric stapler nail gun. It uses lightweight pins in the stapler feature to fit things temporarily. Otherwise, the nailer’s part is very permanent.
It is a “4 in 1” floor nailing gun. The freeman is a corded flooring nail gun and an ergonomic stapler that weighs only 4.3 pounds. Unlike other machines in the list, it’s made with the most durable material, aluminum. Still, it is lightweight and easy to use. The measurement of the nailer is 12 x 4 x 11 inches
- Construction and durability: it’s better in many ways that other plastic made nail guns. The plastic made nail guns can be heavy and less durable than this one. The freeman mini flooring electric nail gun is actually only 4.3 pounds but made with aluminum.
- Comfort: Productivity is higher where the comfort is ensured. Believing this the free mini has a very comfortable gripping that allows you to have a firm hold but very comfortable feel at hand. That allows you to be more efficient in nailing.
- Dual mag and reloader indicator: The nailer comes with dual mag technology. You can have the two magazines loaded simultaneously. One for the stapler and the other for floor nailing.
- 4 in 1
- Dual Mag
- Can work on two modes simultaneously
- Best for floor nailing
- Very lightweight Nailer
- Made with Aluminum
- comes with 7 years of warranty
- It has a power cord, have to keep it plugged it
5. Dewalt DC608K Kit-18 gauge brad nailer
This kit proves why these devices are called the best budget electric brad nailer. The Dewalt nail gun DC608K is the best cheap electric brad nail gun that gives you the feeling of holding an actual gun. It has an 18 cartridge magazine. This means you can shoot 18 times after one load.
It’s an 18-volt cordless nail gun that can shoot 18 cartridges at a time after reloading. The size range of nails is 5/8 inches to 2 inches. That means it can shoot nails of standard size. Magazine capacity is 110. It includes a charger and a battery. The machine weighs about 7.4 lbs.
- Two different Operating Systems: This nail gun has two different operating systems in case you need to switch the type of shooting. The sequential operating system is opt-in for precise placement and the bump operating system is to ensure production speed. Choose the one you need.
- Usage Flexibility: It’s a cordless nailer. So, you can use it very flexible. Also, it’s lighter than most other devices. That makes it easier to hold and handle. It’s a battery nail gun. The battery backup is great.
- Nail removal: Usually, when you use a nail gun to remove a jammed nail, you require extra tools. But with this one, the jammed nail can be easily removed. You will not need any extra tools to do that.
- Engine design makes it efficient
- two different operation system
- It’s an 18 gauge brad nailer
- Can be useful on both soft and hard surface
- Can easily remove jammed nails
- Easy to use and lightweight
- Cordless with great battery backup
- Only available in yellow
6. BOSTITCH F21PL Framing Round Head Electric Nail Gun
This machine looks kind of like a tank when kept on its magazine. It really is a tank. The build quality and performance makes it as efficient as a tank on the battlefield. It’s a two in one device.
The bostitch nail gun is only about 4.17 pounds. The measurement is 23 x 16 x 6 inches. It’s a battery-powered cordless device but you can also use it while plugging into the socket. It comes with 1 year limited warranty.
- Weight to power ratio: The weights to power ratio of this device is great. It weighs a lot less than other nailers but the power is equal or more than most of them. That means if you buy this one, you’re buying a lightweight device with heavy firepower.
- Nail depth setting: The push of one button can adjust the nail depth. Other devices have wheel adjusters but with this device, you can adjust it with just one push.
- High Magazine Capacity: The magazine can hold up to 60 plastic-collated nails or 60 metal nails and can work very fast.
- High magazine capacity
- Highly durable
- Button push nail depth setting
- Two types of nailing
- The best weight to power ratio
- 2 in 1
- Only available in black and gold color
7. PORTER-CABLE MAX PCC790LA – Cordless Brad Nailer
Porter-Cable has the fantasy to create machines that not only are state of the art, but also look totally futuristic. This machine looks as if it were taken from a star wars movie. It’s a cordless Brad nailer that you can use for your day to day nailing works by the best electric nail gun kit.
Completely battery-powered Brad nailer lets you minimize the cost of the extra compressor and expensive cartridges. It weighs 5.9 pounds and measures about 13.9 x 5 x 12 inches. It runs on 20V and has a lithium-ion battery that keeps it going for a long time.
- Depth adjustment: Device has a depth adjustment wheel that enables you to select your nailing depth according to the surface you’re nailing in this way you get to control the pressure of the device.
- Easy to use: The cordless Brad nailer is actually a very user-friendly device. You can release the magazine with a built-in lever and you don’t need any tools to release a jammed nail.
- Long battery life: the energy efficiency of this power tool lets the battery drain less and work for a longer period of time ensuring highest productivity.
- Adjustment wheel to adjust the depth
- Energy efficient
- Looks really great in the hand
- Ensures productivity
- 3 years warranty
- Does not contain any extra accessories except the battery.
8. DEWALT DWFP12231 – Finish Nailer Kit
If you’re looking for the best finish nail gun, then this is the one to buy. Because it’s basically created to dedicate its expertise in finishing. That’s why it’s called the best electric finishing nail gun. Dewalt nail guns is one of the best companies in this industry. So, expect no sloppiness.
This maybe is the lightest gear of the fleet. It weighs only 2.65 pounds. It measures 13 x 3.7 x 13.1 inches. The base material is plastic. The nailer is only available in yellow.
- Build Quality: It’s plastic outside and magnesium on the inside. The structure is very firm and of great quality. Because of magnesium and plastic, it’s lightweight, so people find it very easy to handle.
- User-friendly: It has a built-in release lever. You don’t need any extra tools to maintain this device. Not even during nail jam.
- Best Quality Motor: The motor inside is really high-quality. There was a test taken comparing which motor can last the longest. It won every time.
- Long-lasting motor
- High-quality build
- Very lightweight
- Best electric finishing nail gun
- Very user-friendly
- Structurally strong
- Only one color available
9. NuMax Pneumatic Electric Nail Gun
Pneumatic nail guns are the next level things in this industry. If you dig pneumatic nail guns, the best one for you is the NuMax Pneumatic Electric Nail Gun. Adjust the wheels and get going with your nailing action.
Measuring at 5.5 x 14.2 x 20.1 inches, it weighs about 8.6 pounds. It’s an air-powered and best corded electric nail gun. The reason why it’s this heavy is that its basic elements are magnesium and steel. So. It’s really durable.
- Powerful and Versatile: The NuMax Pneumatic and corded electric finish nailer is one of the most powerful devices in the list. Also, it’s really versatile. You can use the nail gun for framing, installing subfloors, decking the roof, and many more.
- Quality and Durability: You can always expect quality from this device. It’s definitely a durable device. It’s made with magnesium and steel which makes it heavy but highly durable.
- Professional construction work: Not always all nail guns can be used for professional construction work but you can rely on the NuMax Pneumatic for working professionally.
- Best build quality
- High-quality performance
- Suitable for professional work
- Very versatile
- Highly durable
- Motor quality is great
- Only 30 days parts warranty
10. WEN 61720 – 18 Gauge Brad Nailer
Starting 3/4 and finishing at 2 inches is the type of nails that you can use in Wen the best electric brad nail gun. It is actually a good Brad nailer that you can acquire at electric nail gun best price. I can say it is one of the best rated electric nail gun.
Measuring at 3 x 13 x 11 inches and weighing only 5.2 pounds you can rely on this device for working several places. It’s an air-powered corded nail gun that you can use professionally. But too much strain can be damaging for it.
- Build Quality: It’s built with aluminum. So, you can expect durability from it. The structure is very strong. It passed several the drop test from different heights.
- Performance: You can use expect professional performance from this nailer. But it won’t last for long if you use it too often. But not to worry, you’ll get 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Accessories: The packaging contains two wrenches for fix-up if you occur any problems with the build. Though they are not that of any use, still you are getting something out of nothing.
- Great build quality
- Good performance
- Easy setup
- Air pressured
- Very powerful
- Jammed nail quick release
- Can’t take too much stress of work
How Many Types Of Electric Nailers?
According to the cords, you can divide nailers into two types:
- Cordless electric
- Corded electric
# Cordless Electric (Example: Powernail Model PTACK54E 20ga Electric Carpet Stapler)
Nowadays, it’s hard to find nail guns that work on air pressure. Now, most of the nail guns are electric. The newest addition to the fleet is the cordless best electric nail guns. Cordless guns let you be more flexible during nailing. But the restriction is that you need to charge it frequently if you use it often.
# Corded Electric (Example: Metabo HPT Pneumatic Framing Nailer)
The corded nail gun is less flexible to use. But for professional purposes, it’s actually best to use the best corded electric nail guns to make sure that you can work for the longest amount of time. You don’t need charging and moreover, these devices are made for long time usage.
Which Features Should I Look For?
You mostly won’t need some features from your electric nail gun. But there are some features that are a must need:
# Tool-less adjustment
It’s not always our piece of cake to adjust machinery on our own. So, for home use, we need devices that can be easily adjusted. So, always look for tool-less adjustment.
# Easy Jam Removals
You don’t need a device that will get stuck and be stuck for a long time. You need to have a device that can easily release the jammed nails. So, look for easy jam removal. Otherwise, you’ll be stuck with a jammed nail gun and won’t be able to do anything.
# Led lights
Led light not only will make your device beautiful but also they indicate some features. And led lights don’t get damaged easily. So, get a nail gun that has led lights.
# Body Design
When we buy things for our personal use, we always make sure that they suit our taste. That they have a look that will suit at our hand. They need to be well-designed. Never buy a nail gun that doesn’t look good. Buy a beautiful piece. But don’t neglect other features too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is a brad nailer the same as a finish nailer?
Answer: No, Brad nailers have thinner gauges. Whereas finish nailer has thicker gauges.
2. What’s the difference between first and second fix nail guns?
Answer: First, fix nail guns refer to framing guns and second fix nail guns refer to Brad nailers.
3. What do you use an 18 gauge brad nailer for?
Answer: Nothing specific. They provide a better bond for nailing.
4. What’s the difference between straight and angled nail guns?
Answer: They are used for different purposes. Straight nail guns are for normal surfaces. Angled guns are used for tight spaces.
5. Can I use the best nail guns for fencing?
Answer: Not really. They are good for interior nailing. They don’t have the nail kit for fencing
6. Can I use 18 gauge nails in a 16 gauge nailer?
Answer: You can but you shouldn’t. If you could use any gauge nails in any guns they difference wouldn’t be present in the first place.
7. What is a 15 gauge nailer used for?
Answer: They are used for interior work like fixing window frames, cabinets, dashboards, etc.
8. Are there any good electric nail guns?
Answer: Yes, an electric nail gun is good for your project. The corded of Dewalt among them may be the best for you. Because it’s lightweight and it can be easily controlled during the job. Perfect for any kind of job, small or large.
You can buy any electric nail gun from the listed ones above. But not all are of the same quality. You can never expect two different nail guns to give the same performance. So, at the end of this review, you have to choose one product to buy. It has to be the best one because you’ll be spending a decent amount of money.
If you want to use it for personal purposes and also sometimes professionally, the best one in the list is the DEWALT DC608K Kit. It will be the best option for you if you wish to use it both professionally and personally.
So this is my verdict. If you have some other necessities, you can go for anyone of the lists. All of these are the best electric nail gun ever in the market right now.