The idea of adding pads and fabric to the furniture is not a different criterion. But only professionals know the difference. If you have searched for the best staple gun for upholstery, you are a professional who knows the difference between normal furniture and upholstery.
Upholstery is a type of furniture that is padded. They are made of wood, yes. But they have a passing of different fabrics. They have webbing, springs, foam, and many other things stapled with the wood.
So, without explaining further, let’s start listing the best upholstery staple gun that you can use for upholstery.
Our Favorite Product Models of 2020:
Product Name & Feature
Top 8 Best Staple Gun For Upholstery In 2020
There are thousands of staple gun for upholstery projects. But not all of them are buyable like the ones I’m about to discuss. You can buy any item from the list below. All of them have the quality to be someone’s sweetheart for upholstery.
1. Porter-Cable US58 – Best Pneumatic Staple Gun For Upholstery
Are you looking for an air staple gun for upholstery? Or should I say the best pneumatic staple gun for upholstery? Whatever suits you, both are the same things. This is a Porter Cable Staple gun US58.
It’s one of the best staple guns for upholstering in the market that you can afford to have. Also, it’s somewhat a luxurious item for the best upolstery staplers for wood users as it has the looks of a beautiful gazelle.
To be fairly direct, this is a heavy-duty staple gun for wood. If your profession is upholstery, then you should consider buying an upolstery staples that can actually do the job for you, not some random devices.
This one is the perfect example of an air stapler for upholstery. It weighs about 1.75 pounds and measures 14 x 10.5 x 3.2 inches. The size is fair enough to use flexibly.
- Easy Operation: To operate any machine easily, the first condition is that it has to be upholstery staple gun sizes explained enough to hold and lightweight enough to carry. This one passes both the tests. The build quality is simple enough for everyone to understand. It has a compact size nail gun that appeals to everyone.
- Perfect Exhaust System: Mostly, even the best upholstery staple guns for wood manufacturers don’t maintain the matter of exhaust system. It’s actually a very important factor for any staple gun upholstery. This one has the perfect user-friendly exhaust system. The rear end exhaust system drives the air and the tool oil away from the user.
- Swift Jam clean: Stapler for upholstering jam can be a toughie. It’s not that easy to clear out a jam from stapler guns. But if the gun has an easy jam clean system you can do it without any tools. The US58 has an option that can ensure easy jam clean.
- Easily operable
- Great build quality
- Best exhaust system
- Easy nail jam clean
- Compact design
- Only 30 days of performance certification is given
2. Surebonder 9600B – Best Heavy Duty Staple Gun
This one is another best heavy duty upholstery stapler beast. The Surebonder 9600B is just a badass upholstry stapler. The Surebonder 9600B is used as a furniture staple gun which gives a perfect finish to the furniture.
If you want your work done with efficiency, this small upholstery staples you should get for you. There’s a little setback in the setup but it’s ignorable.
It weighs about 3.22 pounds and measures 3 x 11 x 9 inches. It can be considered an upholstery nail gun. But the size is compact. You don’t want your stapler gun to be bigger than that, do you?
That’s an acceptable best upholstery staple gun sizes explained for any stapler gun that we use for upholstery.
- Fast performance and safe: The efficiency that you can expect from the best upholstery staple gun for wood is its speed. How fast it loads after each shot is proof of its speed and efficiency. If we consider it that way, it’s one of the fastest performers in the industry. Also, it’s very safe to use.
- Comfortable to use: The gun may seem a bit heavy for you to carry but the design and the staple gun sizes explained make up for this mid-weight machine. You will be very comfortable while using this manual staple gun for upholstery. Also, it has an adjustable air exhaust. So, you will face no smoke coming out from it.
- Compatibility: The 9600 uses 18 gauge narrow crown staples starting from 1/4 inches. So, it uses almost all types of staples that are compatible with upholstery. You don’t want your pins to be more or less than you need. This device ensures compatibility.
- Very fast
- High capacity magazine
- Ensures user comfort
- Safe to use
- You need to buy an air compressor for upholstery staple gun
Related Post: Cordless roofing nailer
3. Stanley TR45K Light Duty Staple Gun
Not all upholstery work requires heavy duty staple gun staples. You can make the best of your work with a light-duty stapler as well. That’s why we’re introducing you to the Stanley upholstery staple gun reviews the TR45K light duty staple gun for upholstery. It’s actually the best staple gun for upholstery but has many things to offer.
It just barely weighs 1 pound and measures at 8.1 x 7.1 x 2.8 inches. So it’s really a small upholstery stapler device that you can carry and use very easily. For small repairs, this is the ideal gun to use.
- Everyday use: this is one staple gun that you can not only use for upholstery but also can use for daily works. You can tack a banner to a light wooden frame perfectly with this device. It’s beneficial for temporary tacking.
- Lightweight but heavy build: The structure is really as lightweight nail gun but the build is quite heavy. If you judge by the work you can do with the furniture staple guns, you may feel the build quality to be a bit exaggerated. But this could be your everyday home or office usable staple gun. So, the build is very necessary.
- Quick jam release: your everyday use stapler gets jammed and takes a lot of time and work to get it jam-free and released. But with the quick jam release technology on this one you can easily fix it without any tools at all.
- Best fit for everyday use
- Can be used for stapling official papers
- Best suitable for small upholstery repairs
- Quick jam release
- Great build quality
- Not suitable for a bit heavy upholstery work
4. Freeman PFWS 20-Gauge Pneumatic Upholstery Stapler
What is the best electric staple gun for upholstery? If you spend a lot of time working on furniture, you know how valuable a heavy-duty electric upholstery stapler is to you.
Looking for a versatile device that can live up to the heavy-duty and can also be used as a home stapling guy? This is the upholstery staple gun reviews you’re looking for.
The pneumatic staple gun reviews PFWS 20-gauge is the best upholstery air staple gun that fits your needs. Although it is not a long nose upholstery stapler, this staple is just as good at it.
If Upholstery staplers can be used for home and office work, why would you need to buy an extra stapler there? Buy this one and get all the jobs done.
The PFWS weighs about 2.2 pounds and has a measurement of 9 x 2 x 6.8 inches. So, it’s not too heavy and nor too big to hold. It has just the precise size that preferred for both upholstery and home or office application.
An industrial stapling gun won’t look proper for the office, right? That’s why the build is such. long nose upholstery stapler
- Build quality: The device has an excellent build quality. You can’t ask for more. The body is made of aluminum. That’s why it’s so durable but lightweight. It’s set to last for long enough to serve the amount you’ll spend for it. If you use it for Upholstery, it may last a bit less. But if for home use, it’ll last almost forever.
- Versatile: You can never expect a home or office stapler to be used for Upholstery. But this one here can actually take up the charge. You can do professional upholstery and also use it as a home or office stationery item to staple papers and stuff. This proves its versatility. It can be both delicate and hard at the same time.
- Efficiency: build for effectiveness and delivering on point. You can do small upholstery work with this device precisely. But nothing too large. Because the stapler staple gun sizes explained does not really appeal the larger padding or webbing.
- Great build quality
- Versatile application
- Very efficient
- 360° adjustable exhaust
- Can’t work on large-scale upholstery projects
5. Stanley TR250 SharpShooter Plus Heavy Duty Staple Gun
Don’t worry; it’s not a sniper but staple and Brad nailer. If you buy this one, you can do heavy duty staple gun for upholstery and also brad nailing. It’s a 2 in 1 device that is very handy. For me, it’s the best pick on the list.
If you compare small upholstery stapler with a brad nailer, it’s lightweight. It weighs only 1.5 pounds! Brad nailers can weigh up to 10 pounds. But what do you know? Stanley decided to make a compact device that’ll eat up the market. Also, it measures 12.3 x 11.5 x 10.3 inches.
- 4 in 1: it’s not a 2 in 1, it’s actually a 4 in 1 device. The device is an upholstery stapler, a cordless brad nailer, a cable tacker and finally a wire tacker. It switches between the modes only in one squeeze. What more do you want from it?
- Great build: I have seen devices that can do a lot of things at once. But they weigh a lot to ensure all the services. But this one here is made will aluminum and all the work is done with only one mechanism. That’s why it weighs so less. Just a pound and a half. If someone sees the device, they’ll not believe that it can do so many things at once.
- Non-electric brad nailing: technically this is not a heavy-duty brad nailer. Still, it can be used as one. Brad nailers are usually, electric in nature. But this can perform a Brad nailer’s work without any electricity.
- 4 in one device
- Heavy-duty upholstery staple gun
- Aluminum build
- Non-electric brad nailing
- Easy squeeze mode change
- Not usable for thick pieces of hardwood
6. Maestri ME 3G Heavy Duty Best Electric Staple Gun
Tired of looking at the light-duty stuff? Time for a heavy-duty player. The Maestri ME 3G electric stapler is one of the heavy-duty staple guns for upholstery in the market. You will not see any of their other products in any other best lists.
But these upholstery staple gun reviews are listed by a lot of other reviewers as well. Why? Because it has provided the expected performance. The Maestri ME 3G electric upholstery staple gun is an expert for precise or tough surfaces being door moldings.
For a heavy-duty staple gun, it weighs only 2.2 pounds. The measurement is 9 x 3 x 8 inches. If you compare with the previous ones in the list, the size and weight are standard for an upholstery staple gun. It works on electric upholstery stapler and is corded.
- Fast and efficient: The gun is really fast. It doesn’t jam, doesn’t slip and you can access the rigid spaces. So, it’s an efficient piece of equipment. The best electric staple gun for upholstery reviews can help you to choose the most excellent products with the purpose of coming up with fast and efficient.
- User-friendly: despite using ourselves, we asked random users about this device. All said that this is so comfortable that they don’t want to switch to any other brands. If this breaks, they’ll repurchase the same thing.
- Versatile use: you can use this gun for many other works too. You can repair screen doors and even make picture frames.
- Fast loading
- Comfortable at hand
- Easy to use
- Versatile application
- Heavy-duty gun
- free air exhaust
- Requires frequent oiling to stay flexible
7. Surebonder Pneumatic 22G Narrow Crown – Best Staple Gun For Wood
Another masterpiece from Surebonder. The pneumatic 22G is a pneumatic powered stapling gun for the pneumatic upholstery staple gun. You can exactly do everything related to upholstery with this device.
It’s the best pick for you if upholstery is your work concern. I’m guessing as you searched for Upholstery staplers.
Staplers who are dedicated for Upholstery usually weigh like this one, it weighs 3 pounds. The measurement is 3 x 11 x 9 inches. It has a very compact design and dedicated to heavy-duty DIY projects and Upholstery projects. So, feel free to use it for any Upholstery work. Though its application is not limited to it. It can do a lot more.
- Build quality: there’s no necessity of cutting off any weight on staplers. That’s why it’s all metal. The metal body makes it durable to heavy fall. The body structure is very firm and almost welded together. So, it will last for a very long time. People have reviewed it to be a professional best pneumatic staple gun for upholstery.
- Quick-release mag: Magazine quick release may seem unnecessary but is actually not. The quick-release makes sure that you are making the best use of your time while working. Many staplers have been reported due to complex loading system. With the quick-release mag system, it very easy to reload every time before using it.
- Safety measures: just like a real gun, it has a safety latch that allows you to switch on when you’re not working. Thus, you can prevent accidental firing. Stapler guns can be damaging too. So, it’s a significant feature.
- Metal body
- Highly durable
- Quick-release mag
- Dedicated for Upholstery
- Has a safety latch that can prevent accidental firing
- Have to buy the air compressor separately.
8. Corded Electric Staple Gun Kit
Done with the secondary stuff. Now time to show the ultimate electric staple gun reviews for Upholstery professionals. The corded electric staple gun kit from LDE. This is the most professional heavy duty stapler on the list. Why I called the others’ secondary stuff, you’ll understand if you read through.
Measuring at 11.9 x 10.1 x 2.9 inches and weighing 5.65 pounds, the machine is 3 times bigger and 2-3 pounds heavier than most other devices on the list. To be honest, this one is the only one that you can use for any type of upholstery projects. No matter how large the product is or how much depth it requires, this is the perfect guy for the job.
- Extra-long power cord: The word corded may arouse some doubt. Because corded stuff doesn’t let you be flexible. But it’ll let you be flexible because it has a cord that’s almost 4 meters long. So, now you can get creative with your Upholstery. You don’t even need extra adapters.
- Safety: the triple lock mechanism ensure that you’re safe when you’re working. It may not be a real gun but still, it is a gun, and accidents can happen any time. That’s why safety is very important while using machines like these.
- Bottom-load magazine: bottom-load magazine system lets you reload the gun when it’s empty. It’s a very efficient system and it ensures a quick load.
- Long power cord
- Can actually do all types of upholstery work
- Triple lock
- Metal body
- Passed durability test
- Quick magazine load
- 60pc per minute firing speed
- 12 months manufacturer warranty
- The white color gets dirty easily
Considerations For An Upholstery Stapler
There many things to consider before jumping in to buy an upholstery stapler. Let’s discuss them first.
1. Trigger Finger
Trigger finger is the state of your fingers to get locked and feel pain due to overuse of your fingers to staple. A trigger finger can cause your finger nerves to damage and make you unable to work with them properly in the future.
This happens when we push too much. Whenever your finger starts to ache when you’re working with your stapler, you should take rest.
Otherwise, you may face a trigger finger and it’ll cause bigger damage. So, take some time, rest, and move your fingers in 360° action. That leads to perfect blood circulation and prevents the trigger finger.
2. Magazine Length
The length of the magazine of your stapler has to be considered before. If the length of your stapler’s magazine is unusual, you will not be able to place the stapler properly and use it in rigid spaces.
But upholstery requires stapling in the rigid spaces to ensure hold and tacking. So, a magazine that’s longer than usual will cause problems in your work. Having a bigger capacity magazine helps, but a magazine that has a length that’ll hamper your productivity is not acceptable.
If you’re sad that your stapler has no nose extension and some else’s has one, then there’s no need to be sad. Having a nose extension to your stapler is actually a burden.
To ensure perfect tacking and holding, you have to make sure that you’re stapling at the perfect spot. The nose extension will disturb your aiming and make your stapling jumbled. So, buying a stapler with no nose extension is better than buying one with one.
The Types of Staple Guns for Upholstery
Not only for upholstery, but staple guns are also actually of three types. All of them are used for upholstery so you can actually call it the kind of upholstery guns.
Here are some information:
Manual Staple Gun
For Upholstery, Material Repair, Carpentry, Decoration, Furniture, DIY
The manual staple gun is the one that works with only the pressure you put on its trigger. Manual guns are good for repairing small stuff but not ideal for large scale work. You may need to add more pressure while stapling.
But is it possible for you to exceed your strength? No, it’s not. So, manual staple guns are not suitable for upholstery projects. Their price range is $10 to $25
Electric Staple Gun
Starting from $30, electric staple guns can cost up to $200. Why? Because they are the actual professional staple guns for upholstery. You can apply the necessary pressure by using an electric motor. This has more efficiency than any other type of staple guns. You can do any type of upholstery project with an electric staple gun.
There are lots of chores you can carry easily with no trouble transport away from home around the house with a staple gun, so having solitary around is a good quality indication since staple guns are very versatile tools.
When it comes to staple guns though, most people prefer to use electric ones in place of responsibility occupation around the house and There are good quality reasons in place of this.
Electric staple guns don’t need gigantic and costly air compressors like the best pneumatic staple gun for upholstering used by professional’s needs. They are as well easier and quicker to use up than manual staplers, plus many supplementary advantages.
Pneumatic Staple Gun
Questions may arise after learning about manual, electric & pneumatic staples that what staples to use for upholstery?
These guns can cost around $100 without air compressors. To make a pneumatic staple gun work, you need an air compressor to create the necessary air pressure. Then the device uses that air pressure and does nailing perfectly. pneumatic staple gun reviews are efficient. But it takes a bit of time to create air pressure. But once it’s done, it can get the work done on now time.
How to Buy the Best Staple Guns for Upholstery? What size staples for upholstery?
A little carefulness can ensure your best buying. You have to take care of the following factors while buying the best staple gun for upholstery.
- Staple size: what size staple for upholstery? There’s a specific staple size for upholstery gun. Not all staplers have that necessary size compatibility. So, staple size matters a lot. Always buy the gun that has the compatible staple size.
- Power: Upholstery requires a different amount of power for different types of staples. Buy the one that you can adjust the power accordingly and make every shit count. Otherwise, it’s just a waste of money.
- Ease of use: All the devices claim to be efficient? Efficiency depends a lot on comfort. If you’re comfortable using a tool, you can make the best out of it. So, before buying a stapler, obviously, make sure that its usability is easy.
- Safety: Staple guns are no joke. If you think only real guns can hurt you, try using a staple gun once to take a shot at a soft skin-like surface. It actually hits like a bullet. So, safety measures are really important. If your gun can’t ensure safety, don’t buy it.
- The price: for upholstery, never go for the cheap staple guns. Cheap guns often show more than they can do. With expectations, you may buy a cheap staple gun for upholstery. But cheap guns can never do large scale upholstery projects. That’s why you need a perfect budget for your professional upholstery work. But never spend what’s more than necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of staples do you use for upholstery?
Answer: Most of the fine wire and medium wire staples are standard for upholstery. But it depends a lot on your fabric. The standard size is the 20 gauge or the 22 gauge.
Will a staple gun go through the wood?
Answer: The best staple gun for wood is really powerful. With the perfect amount of pressure, they can actually shoot a staple into the wood. They may not go through but will penetrate all the way.
How much fabric do I need to recover a wingback chair?
Answer: You don’t need more than 5 yards of fabric to recover a wingback chair.
How do you measure staples for a staple gun?
Answer: To measure a staple for a gun, you need to start measuring from the back to the tip of the staple’s leg. That’s how a staple is measured for a staple gun.
Can you use normal staples in a staple gun?
Answer: Yes, indeed, you can. But not for Upholstery. You need the standard size suitable for it.
What is a pneumatic staple gun?
Answer: A pneumatic staple gun is the kind of gun that works with air pressure created by an air compressor.
How many staples in a staple gun Strip?
Answer: There are about 210 staples in a staple gun strip.
What gauge is a t50 staple?
Answer: The t50 staple is actually 16 gauge.
Can you use 18 gauge staples for upholstery?
Answer: Yes, you can do Upholstery jobs with 18 gauge stapler for furniture but, these staples are used for certain tasks. However, 22 gauge is an ideal staple for furniture work.
After knowing the answers to so many questions, you may have realized what staples are best for upholstery jobs.
Never rush to buy anything. Spend money wisely. Ask every possible question, review every possible detail before purchasing the product. The one that seems best may not actually be the best for you.
But the above-listed ones are the best in the market. Some are not suitable for professional use. But one of these is actually the best pick staple gun for upholstery professional works.
That is the Corded electric staple gun kit. It’s the best pick in every way. Just compare the specifications with the other devices above. You will surely understand why we are suggesting that one. So, spend wisely and buy the best staple gun for upholstery.